A few years ago I bought a chest of drawers for the second bedroom off kijiji for I think $25. With it came two additional matching bedside tables and I've been using it for a while but don't love it - Project time! This project costed absolutely nothing, just using things I already had in the house.
There were two main steps to this project: drilling holes for plug management and then painting the top.
Holes: We already had the drilling attachment from a deck building project many moons ago so no big deal! I put in a bunch of connected holes in the back of the top shelf to get the plug of the powerbar out the back, then one hole on the top centre for the iPhone charger and one on the side for my iPad. I love it!
Paint: The top of the bedside table was pretty damage so figured I'd paint it. I started with a quick sanding to help the paint adhere. I did a base coat of a grey-blue I had on hand and then decided to use Amy's birch tree stencil to add a little detail.
The actual work of this project was probably around 20 minutes, plus the time for the paint to dry. I've had it back in place for a few nights and really love it #needtodrillholesinmorefurniture. I love the function of the easily accessible charger plugs and also love the look of it.
Onto my next project!